This baked cod recipe is easy, quick, and tasty. You can make the ideal 10-person dinner by baking it for two batches of ten minutes each. A neighborhood eatery frequently requested this recipe. After many years in business, they decided to close, and we are pleased to share a variation of their most popular dish. I serve this with rice pilaf and freshly sautéed spinach in garlic and olive oil. Yummy!
Perfect Ten Baked Cod
4 tablespoons butter, divided
½ sleeve buttery round crackers (such as Ritz®), crushed
1 pound thick-cut cod loin
½ medium lemon, juiced
¼ cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees C).
- In a bowl that can go in the microwave, put 2 teaspoons of butter. Melt for roughly 30 seconds on high in the microwave. Melted butter is added to buttery round crackers.
- 7×11-inch baking dish should be filled with the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter. Melt for 1 to 3 minutes in the preheated oven. dish from the oven.
- In the baking dish, cover the cod on both sides with melted butter.
- Cod should be baked for 10 minutes in a preheated oven. Remove from oven; sprinkle cracker mixture, wine, and lemon juice on top. Once more, bake the fish for about 10 more minutes, or until it is opaque and flakes readily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with parsley and green onions.